Thor: Hammer Time
Vikings have always been an object of curiosity, and the same goes for their Norse mythology. In recent times, the craze has only increased. In such a time, Thor: Hammer Time capitalizes on this craze by introducing a game with superb graphics and a deep Viking lore to go along with.
Thor: Hammer Time, from NoLimit City, stands out due to its design alone. It’s a 5-reel, 3 rows, and 20 paylines game. As you spin the reel, your luck stands tested against the might of the Vikings. While the symbols of Viking lore carry their usual rewards, there a chance to find Thor himself and grab the big bonuses.
Thor: Hammer Time - RTP and Maximum Winnings
As good as the game is, a player always seeks to convert fun into maximum profits. Fortunately, Thor: Hammer Time doesn’t disappoint. The game has an impressive RTP of 96.03%, which is even more impressive for such a recent game.
The game offers a betting range of £0.20 to £100. This means you can take both very small and very big risks, depending on your appetite. The maximum winning amount is 2328 times your bet. However, the maximum win in terms of coins is 150,000. The game has a medium variance.
Thor: Hammer Time Symbols
As far as Viking lore goes, Thor: Hammer Time has hammered the essentials. The backdrop of the game is set against dark forests and a blue sky, scattered with Viking symbolism. In the center of the screen stands the ornate slot table. On its top are 3 rings which are initially empty and meant for storing the scatter symbol. On the right there are 3 symbols, each designed with Viking metal design in mind. They are meant to indicate the available features for the grand bonus feature. The reels of the slot are designed like old, stone tablets.
The symbols of Thor: Hammer Time are again based heavily on the Viking mythos and lore. The 5 rune stone from Viking language form the lower paying symbols. The higher paying symbols are all taken from the Norse mythology. These include an axe, helmet, ring and goblet. Thor’s hammer is the highest paying symbol and can give up to 15x the betting amount. Landing 3 or more of these symbols would lead to various payouts in increasing order.
The bonus symbol of the game is Thor wielding his hammer, which triggers the main bonus feature. The energy symbol is the scatter. The wild is a ‘W’ symbol decorated with Viking design.
Thor: Hammer Time Bonus Features
When it comes to bonus features, Thor: Hammer Time has taken it to the next level. The bonus features are not only plenty, but reward in the most interesting ways:
- Thor’s Lightning Bonus: This bonus is triggered with Thor himself appears on reel 5. When activated, the features select either of 3 bonuses: multiplier, sticky wilds or sticky wild reels. Number of each bonus is random; there could be up to 4x multiplier, 3-7 wilds or 1-2 wild reels. Then, the reels are spun again while Thor shifts one position down with each spin. The bonuses remain as long as Thor is on the reel.
- Scatter Energy: When 2 or more scatter symbols land at separate reels, each of those reels is locked while others go for a re-spin. There is a high chance of high-paying symbols appearing during this, including more scatter symbols. With each spin, the fixed symbols shift down by a position. If 3 energy symbols appear, it triggers the Asgard Spin.
- Asgard Spins: The ultimate bonus, Asgard Spins give you free spins with a very high chance of landing Thor in reel 5. This would activate Thor’s Lightning bonus with a chance of all aforementioned features plus one: 2 additional spins. Any scatter that appears during Asgard Spin would grant additional 2 spins. Furthermore, the bonuses of Thor’s Lightning bonus could be stacked as long as at least one Thor remains on the reel.
- Rune Raze: A minor bonus, Rune Raze is triggered randomly during the game. When activated, it converts all rune symbols on the reels into an identical rune symbol. There is a high chance of taking the 5x payable amount.
- Hammer Time: Another minor bonus triggered at random, Hammer Time converts all high-paying symbols on the reels into Thor’s Hammer. As you know, Thor’s Hammer is the highest paying symbol.
Thor: Hammer Time is a fun slot game, no doubts about it. Despite the absence of a jackpot, the game engages you with a plethora of bonus features. Coupled with it simply superb graphics, the game take the Viking lore to a whole new level. It is definitely a game you should be playing this year.