Owl Eyes Nova
While playing this game called Owl Eyes Nova, it took some time for us to figure out the genre. It does seem to be a nature-themed slot. But the eerie visuals and audio do qualify it as a magical and mystical offering as well. The background music sounds very much like a fantasy movie. The moonlight and the floating fireflies add to the mystique. Powered by that old favorite NextGen Gaming, this is a slot with 5 reels. You can win from any of the 50 paylines on offer. The reels are set against the backdrop of a deep and dark forest. We were able to play it on our desktops as well as on tablets and smartphone devices. We will come to the numbers in a while.
Owl Eyes Nova – RTP and Maximum Win
At first glance, the lower RTP of 95.303% might put you off a bit. But as we continued playing, we found several things to interest us. A newbie starting to play can opt for the 50p smallest spin and get used to the game features first. As a regular payout when you pay several rounds, you can expect payouts of up to 100 times of your wager amount. But be warned that such wins might come after several winless rounds. But theoretically, you can even win 1000 times of your wager if you get all the winning combinations right.
Owl Eyes Nova Symbols
Most of the symbols of this game are related to forests and nature. There are playing card symbols which bring up the lowest paying bits of the reels. You can see the last six number/symbol cards here. These are 9, 10, Jack, Queen, King, and Ace. Beyond them, all other symbols are related to forests and nature. Some of the symbols you get are a feather, red mushroom, badger, tree with owl face, and a toadstool. Beyond these standard symbols, you have two interesting and valuable symbols as well.
- Wild: In keeping with the name of the game, a pair of piercing eyes acts as a Wild symbol in this game. They do look eerie and are the eyes of an owl. The Wild appears only on the second, third, and fourth reels of this slot game. This Wild symbol can be used to substitute all other symbols of the game if that helps to make a winning combination. The only exception to this rule is the Scatter symbol, which can’t be substituted by the Wild. The Wilds can also occur as stacked wilds, which improve your winnings. Whenever you win with a combination that includes the Wild, you become eligible for a 2x multiplier on your winnings.
- Scatter: An image of a silvery, white full moon acts as the Scatter symbol in this game. These Scatters are linked to the activation of free spins. We will talk about these bonus features in the subsequent section.
Owl Eyes Nova Bonus
Before discussing the usual free spins, let us tell you about an additional bonus you get. This is called the gamble feature.
- You can play this feature every time you win in this game.
- To activate it after a win, you need to click on a Heart/Club button which is placed right below the reels.
- All you need to do is to correctly predict the next color of cards that would be drawn (red or black).
- You could also choose to predict the suit (heart, club, diamond, and spade).
- Depending on which you predict correctly, you stand to immediately double or quadruple your winnings.
Despite a modest RTP, it is features like this which keep attracting players. You can repeat this for a maximum of five times consecutively, even if you are able to predict correctly. Now we come to the standard free spins feature. As we said, it is dependent on the placement, frequency, and number of the Scatter symbols. You can win up to a maximum of five free spins. The free spins get triggered when at least three Scatter (full moon) symbols land on the reel in any order. Additionally, stacked wilds could get added to these combinations. Those would make your win more lucrative. Additionally, there is also an option of getting re-trigger options. Keeping all this in mind, do not get disheartened on hearing that 5 free spins are the maximum allowed.
You might not get rich playing this game. But there is enough to hold your interest and keep bringing you back for more. We found the free spin feature occurring fairly regularly. We also realized that when we played all fifty paylines, our returns were much better. The technical reason for this is that Wilds can be active only on active paylines. Overall, a fairly interesting game which can provide pleasantly surprising results. Try the game once, in case you haven’t yet. Might not be the best in the NextGen stable, but it’s not entirely worthless either.