More than 25 years have passed since the movie Jurassic Park was released. But the magic of this science fiction fantasy lives on in our minds. Microgaming has taken the movie and used its elements to come up with the online slot called Jurassic Park. The setup is fairly classical in Jurassic Park. You have 5 reels to play with and 3 rows. There are 243 ways to win money. The standard way of winning money is to land a set of matching symbols on a reel from left to right. On top of that, there are some attractive bonus features that would keep you interested. There are also some interesting extras which other games do not have. For example, the small clips from the original movie.
Jurassic Park – RTP and Maximum Win
The minimum and maximum bets are slightly different from the other games we usually review. The minimum bet amount starts at 30p a spin. The maximum only goes up to £15 a pop. This might not make the big players too happy because the wins might not be commensurate with the bet amounts. All we can say to them is to check out the bonus rounds. They offer enough opportunities to win big. They just need to look at the massive RTP of 97% this game offers, and they will know what we are talking about. The only thing to keep in mind is that the bonus rounds are more geared towards free spins than giving you big money. In an indirect way that too improves your chances to rake in good profits. That said, there are occasions when our reviewers walked away with a cool 800 times their bet amounts as well. So fasten your seat belts, as we explore the goodies this game has to offer.
Jurassic Park Symbols
The list of symbols is very neat and clutter-free. There are just nine basic symbols in the game. 5 of these symbols depict the different dinosaurs with lifelike images. The other 4 symbols are the characters in the movie. This is the full list:
- Tyrannosaurus Rex
- Allan Grant
- Ellie Sattler
- Ian Malcolm
- John Hammond
Apart from these nine basic symbols, there are two special symbols which are of value to the player. The logo of the Jurassic Park movie in red and black is the Wild symbol for this game. The Wild symbol can feature on all the reels of the game. These Wild symbols also trigger different bonus rounds, or they feature in those rounds. For example, you will see 35 Wild symbols appearing in the Alert Mode feature. Again, during the Tyrannosaurus feature, you will see stacked Wilds on all reels. On the other hand, Wilds can split in two if needed in the Velociraptor round.
The second special symbol is the Scatter. It is represented by the fossil of a mosquito stuck in amber. Like the Wild, this symbol is also associated with most of the goodies of this game. When you land three or more Scatters, you trigger the free spin rounds. We will look at the bonus rounds in greater detail in the next section.
Jurassic Park Bonus
You start off with 12 free spins outright when you land 3 or more Scatter symbols anywhere on the reels. This could be presented to you in five different ways, each named after a particular dinosaur. Here is a brief description.
- Tyrannosaurus Rex – You get stacked wilds on all the 5 reels. The T-rex symbols would get stacked in all three rows of each reel, providing you guaranteed wins.
- Velociraptor – The wild symbols you get during this round will split themselves and multiply, bringing you greater wins. So, when this split happens, you get six similar symbols in a row instead of 5. When this happens, your payouts double. For a multiplier wild, you are liable to randomly get reward multipliers. This could increase your payout by 4x, 5x, or even 6x.
- Brachiosaurus – The fun with multipliers continues in this bonus round. You can randomly get, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, or 6x applied to whatever you win.
- Triceratops – After stacked wilds, this round brings you running wilds. You start off with 3 wilds on the first stack. Subsequently, every spin adds another wild. You get an extra spin on both partial stack and full-stack.
- Dilophosaurus – The symbol of this dinosaur can appear on the reels and turn any other symbol into a Wild.
With the plethora of bonus rounds and the lesser number of symbols, you will warm up to this game very quickly. With a £15 maximum bet, you need not fear losing big. On the contrary, by betting the maximum amount, you can win huge sums. Try this game today and relive the thrill you first felt when you saw the Spielberg movie.