Do you remember the Archies comics you read as a teenager? Pop Tate’s was a haunt for all the high school kids, where they could enjoy their sundaes and also listen to some music on the jukebox. The same feel is brought back to life in this game offering provided by Nextgen Gaming, with the name Jukepot being a smart play on the words jukebox and jackpot.
The nostalgia is not just in the décor and the animation of the game, even the soundtrack is vintage 50s. The game looks just like a typical jukebox of that era, where you could put in a coin and hear some great music. Once you have read the paytable and familiarized yourself with the returns, it is time for you to start swinging, erm…rolling!
Jukepot – RTP and Maximum Win
The paytable will tell you about the 5 x 3 matrix of these ways (which means there are five reels and three rows) and its 243 different ways of winning. What it won’t tell you that the expected return to player (RTP) is a sizzling 97.07%, which must surely be music to your ears. You can start betting from as low as 0.01 coins and go up to 2 coins. With 25 credits counted per spin that comes to a min-max range of 0.25 coins to 50 coins.
We already told you that this game is pure 50s nostalgia so you would have made some guess as to the visuals you can expect, in case you haven’t played before. The card symbols make up the lower end of the values, and you will find 10, Jack, Queen, King, and Ace here.
Here are the other familiar symbols you will be playing within this game:
- A guy called Gary the Greaser – 400 times wager amount
- A girl called Brenda, his girlfriend – 300 times wager amount
- Hot Rods – 200 times wager amount
- Motorbike – 150 times wager amount
- Guitars – 100 times wager amount
These symbols give varying returns when they appear 3 to 5 times in a line on any reel. This apart, there are the special symbols which have better return and magical powers too. A turntable style record player with the words Wild flashing across it is the Wild symbol in this game. The Wild symbol can also come in the form of a Stacked Wild. This symbol can be used to substitute for all other symbols of the game to create your winning combination. It also has reward giving qualities of its own. When you rack 5 of them up in a line, you can get a smooth 500 times your wager amount. The last symbol is the one after which the game is named – the Jukepot. It is referred to as a Scatter symbol in this game.
The rewards from regular and special symbols are just the beginning, and they do not completely account for the high RTP of this game. There are several interesting bonus features which help you either win more or play longer.
- Hot Rod Stacked Wilds: There is no special trigger for this lovely feature. It can hit you in the face anytime during the base game. You will see a Hot Rod zoom across your reels and it would leave behind a trail of Stacked Wilds. And we already told you that Stacked Wilds is good news!
- Jukepot Time: In this feature, a few of the reels would lock together during the base game. The number of reels that get locked could range from 2 to 5. The matching symbols displayed on those locked reels mean more moolah for you!
- Twist & Shout Locked Reels Free Spin: For this feature, you need to get the Scatter symbols lined up, at least three of them out of the five reels. As soon as this happens, you are rewarded with 10 additional spins for which you have to pay nothing! While this is on, you also get the benefit of the activation of the Jukepot Time feature. So the good news just keeps on coming! Just so you know, this feature is available during both base game and any free games you win.
- Gamble: Whenever you win any amount of money, you can choose to opt for this additional feature. You can do this by pressing the hearts/clubs button right below the reels. This feature allows you to guess the color or suit of the next card that would be drawn. If you guess right, you could win up to four times!
The wide range of bonus features makes it clear how the game enjoys such a high RTP. The nostalgia value you get is an added bonus. The generous arrangements of the bonus rounds make you want to keep on playing. As they say, if you haven’t played Jukepot by NextGen Gaming, you sure are missing something!